Preparing for the Police Interview
The interview for any job is one of the most critical moments that can make (or break) your chances at
acquiring the job. There are some imperative Do's and Dont's for having a successful police interview,
so make sure you perfect these things before blowing your big chance.
How you should prepare:
Potential Interview Questions
- Be on time
- Get a haircut and be clean-shaven
- Dress to impress. Wear a dark suit with a subtle tie
- Don't use any strong colognes or perfumes
- Act enthusiastic and smile when greeted
- Tell the truth - they will find out one way or the other if you don't
- Bring multiple copies of your resume (1 for each interviewer)
- Rehearse answering potential questions and do your best to relax
- Ask the interviewers 2-3 questions (it shows you are interested)
- Make sure your car is clean, inside and out (some places check your car to see if you are a neat/organized person)
- Why do you want a career in law enforcement?
- What makes you a suitable candidate as a police officer?
- Have you applied to other law enforcement agencies?
- What are some of your best qualities?
- What are some of your weaknesses?
- Do you work well with other people?
- Tells us about your military experience (if applicable).
- Are you participating in any kind of personal fitness program?
- Do you drink alcohol?
- Have you used any kind of illicit drugs?
- Do you have any kind of medical condition that we should know about?
- Have you been involved in any car accidents? How many driving infractions have you received?
- What are your goals?